The Philippines is extremely visible in the navigation map of the world’s shipping, no doubt about it! And so is NEW SIMULATOR CENTER OF THE PHILIPPINES, INC. (NEWSIM)! Thanks to the Filipino Seafarers, the Philippines’ unsung heroes of modern times! Launched on December 8, 2000, NEWSIM began its odyssey, serving the Philippines’ maritime education and training regime.
NEWSIM is a Filipino owned corporation whose goal is to provide modern facilities for advanced maritime upgrading of skills and assessment of competence for seafarers.Over the years, we have had the privilege of training thousands of mariners. This has enabled us to offer Courses required, to process licenses, and COC’s, and develop programs to enhance their skills. Our training programs are designed to meet and exceed IMO standards and are STCW Compliant.
In the beginning, we boasted of seven (7) navigational bridges and 8 propulsion plant workstations, fully scalable simulators alongside our program, which is continuously developed and upgraded to meet the maritime industry’s changing requirements worldwide.Today, we boast of twenty three (23) navigational bridges, twenty four (24) propulsion plant workstations, integrated with ECDIS and AIS scattered and distributed nationwide in our branches. We serve the seafarers nationwide as we set up our simulator facilities in the cities of Makati, Bacolod, Iloilo, Cebu and Davao.
We have a new site in Marconi, Makati where STCW Safety Courses are conducted and delivered with unparalleled quality and passion. To top our Safety Courses, we take pride on the birth of a new icon, not only is Sariaya, Quezon but in the entire regime of maritime training, the “NEWSIM ARK”, dubbed as the ultimate basic safety training facilities in the Philippines.
“NEWSIM ARK” is the Ark of the new generation. The new generation of seafarers are dedicated, hard working, well trained and competent. “NEWSIM ARK” shall bring more blessings and fortune to those who ever set foot on this ARK most specially to them who built her to serve the maritime industry with dignity and integrity. All seafarers that train here shall be blessed with the courage to be righteous and assertive and shall always be guided into safe voyages across the seven seas.
To continually upgrade the competence of people in maritime, oil and gas, and allied industries towards global standards as a humble contribution to achieve their aspirations to live in freedom, prosperity and dignity.
For the global seafarers, unsung heroes of the high seas, we shall work together with respect to uphold the seafaring industry.
The Preferred Training and Assessment Center.
THE NEWSIM ADVANTAGE
- One of the First in Simulator Training in the Philippines
- We are Nationwide! We are “On your side”
- We are First on MLC Courses
- First and original on SSBT with BRM
- At NEWSIM ARK, training becomes instant vacation!
- The Most Outstanding Maritime Training Center of the Year 2005 – Awarded Philippine Quality Awards for Business Excellence
- “NEWSIM ARK” The Ultimate Basic Seafarer Training Facilities in the Philippines. ~ By Engr. Nelson Ramirez, Tinig ng Marino
- “NEWSIM ARK” This is the World Class Training Center, I must bring EMSA here. ~ By Atty. Nicasio Conti, Administrator – MARINA (FEB 9, 2013)
- “This NEWSIM ARK” is unusually different. It will be my pride to bring my Greek Principals and I am sure they will be impressed. ~ By Capt. Ed Flores – Agemar Manning Agency, Inc.